Thursday, July 29, 2021

Some route noodling

I know that I have a terrible tendency to overdo my routes. There are too many things that I want to see, and I end up planning big routes where I'm forced to walk ten miles or more a day in the mountains, climbing thousands of feet, and I end up not doing it, because I get tired, altitude sickness, and just not in the mood, or a combination of all of the above. That said, this "route" includes more options than I'm liable to be able to use, by a long shot.

It's really two routes; either the Lost Twin Lakes destination via Mirror Lake, or the Florence Lake/Bomber Mountain destination via Helen, Marion, Mistymoon and Gunboat lakes. I do kind of like the second of those, but it's obviously about 50% or so longer than the other option.

Anyway, here's the link to the Caltopo I drew for it.

https://caltopo.com/m/3KG0

And here's an image or two to keep us inspired.




No comments:

Post a Comment