Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Weather in Grand Junction

Not that I necessarily trust it, given that it's still a week and a half or more away, but the ten day forecasts on weather.com are starting to reach into the first days of my hiking trip.  What am I looking at?  Cooler temps, but not cold: highs in the upper 50s, lows in the upper 30s overnight.  A higher than expected humidity forecast and chances of morning showers(!)

I think that's going to drive me towards more "standard" routes; I don't want to get stuck on a muddy, bad road, or have to worry about flash floods, or even just the rather more banal but still uncomfortable and undesirable problem of getting stuck hiking in rain that lasts for more than a few minutes or so at a time.  Anyway, so much for going to the desert for clear skies and dry air!

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the forecast as the trip gets closer.  I doubt it will make any significant changes to my plans, but it might require minor tweaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment